Christmas falls on a Sunday this year, meaning the holiday will be observed on Monday, Dec. 26. Andover will not have any trash collection delays during the week of Christmas or on New Year’s this day.
Be sure to check out our list of Andover-area restaurants open on Christmas.
Here’s a look at what else is open and closed on Dec. 25:
Local, state and federal government offices: Closed Dec. 25-26.
Schools: Closed Dec. 26-Jan. 2.
Memorial Hall Library: Closed Dec. 24-26.
Coronavirus test sites: Closed.
Mail: Post offices closed, no delivery Dec. 25-26.
Trash and recycling collection: Normal schedule.
Grocery stores: Closed Dec. 25.
The following list applies to Dec. 25. Call to confirm hours on Dec. 24 and Dec. 26.
Retail stores: Closed.
Cannabis Dispensaries: Closed.
Convenience stores: Varies — call to confirm.
Liquor stores: Closed.
Movie theaters: Open.
Pharmacies: Varies — call to confirm.
Restaurants: Varies — call to confirm.
Taverns, bars: Varies — call to confirm.
- CVS: Most locations are open on Christmas Day. Find locations on the CVS website.
- Target: Most stores will close at 8 p.m. Christmas Eve. All stores are closed Christmas Day.
- Walmart: Most stores will be open until 6 p.m. Christmas Eve. All stores are closed Christmas Day.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club: Most stores will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Christmas Eve and closed Dec. 25.
- Costco: Most stores will be open limited hours Christmas Eve, and all stores will be closed Christmas Day. Call ahead to confirm hours with your local store.
MBTA: Dec. 25: No ferry service; commuter rail and the RIDE on weekend schedule; all other services on Sunday schedule. Dec. 26: Subways, buses and the RIDE on a Sunday schedule; commuter rail on a weekend schedule; all other services on a weekday schedule.