The 35th running of the Feaster Five 5k, 5-mile and Kids K races will result in several road closures in Downtown Andover from 7:20 a.m. until approximately 10:30 a.m. on Thursday morning.
The race begins in Shawsheen Square and ends at Brickstone Square on Haverhill Street. The following streets will be closed during the race on Thursday (see map, above):
- Rt. 28 from Kenilworth to Wheeler/School.
- Rt. 133 from Iceland to High Street.
- York Street, Balmoral, High, Chestnut, Summer, Washington, Bartlet, Harding,
- Elm from Elm Sq. to Pine
- Morton from Chestnut to Bartlet
- All streets that feed into Rt. 28 will be closed at Rt. 28 (Railroad, Stevens, etc.)
The race has grown to become the biggest Thanksgiving Day race in Massachusetts and is sponsored by the Merrimack Valley Striders running club. Proceeds from the race will go to the Merrimack Valley YMCA, Bellesini Academy, Merrimack Valley Striders Scholarship Fund, and Groundwork Lawrence, Inc.
The race expo, where runners can pick up race packets, will be Nov. 21-23 at the Andover/North Andover YMCA. For more information, including registration info, see the event Website.