No one was injured, but an Andover family was temporarily displaced after an electrical fire broke out in their Chongris Circle home Thursday afternoon.

Andover Fire Rescue arrived at the scene at 4:09 p.m after the homeowner smelled smoke in the basement and had the fire under control by 4:48 p.m. The fire started in the electrical panel and spread up the wall to the first floor.

Firefighters called National Grid to the scene. The panel will need to be inspected and repaired before the family can go home.

Photo: Dave Copeland, Andover News

Share Your Thoughts!

Discover more from Andover News

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading